Friday, March 14, 2014

My trip to Mekkah Mukarramah

My journey in the Holy land continues when I travel from Madinah to Mekkah Mukarramah to perform my umrah.

I put on my ihram when I was still at the hotel in Madinah.

The journey to Mekkah from Madinah is OK, except for some delay in the transportation when we arrived at Jeddah airport.

Al Haram is half the size of what it was before. There was a massive construction works and the 2nd & 3rd floor, where people can perform tawaf is now closed. We can only do tawaf on the ground floor. There were many people performing the tawaf.

I made a point doing tawaf everyday when I was in Mekkah from 3 to 8 February 2014. Although there were many people, but alhamdulillah tawaf was completed within 40 minutes.

I read the Quran whenever I was in AlHaram mosque. I also read the tafseer so that I understand the surah that I read. I attempted to finish the whole Quran during my umrah journey, but I did not manage to do so. But continue to read Quran after I came back, that I did.

Mekkah is now in a process of a "facelift". Alharam is going to be 3 times bigger than what it used to be. Many small hotels have been demolished to make way for a bigger/taller and more high class hotels.

Whatever it is, Mekkah is blessed as the Holy City and Allah will protect Mekkah till the end of time.

No comments: