Monday, August 25, 2014

My Ramadan and Eid 1435H

It has been awhile since I last posted on my blog.

This Ramadan 1435H has been a very challenging year.

I approached this year's Ramadan in a mild way. I wanted this Ramadan to have a lasting effect on me.

The fasting, Isya' jemaah (+ tarawikh) prayers and the reciting of Quran are all done in a small but consistent manner.

I wish that what I did during Ramadan is almost the same as what I did in other months, eventhough what we do in Ramadan has a multiplying factor.

I still feel that the main intention of Ramadan is to obtain taqwa, and if I can continue doing what I did during Ramadan in other months, that in itself is an increase in taqwa.

Alhamdulillah, with small but consistent deeds, I hope that these deeds are continuous until the day I return to Allah. The Aed Fitri is also the same. It was celebrated in a moderation manner. The main agenda of Eid is remembering Allah who has given us so much.

May the training in Ramadan has a lasting effect on me and on all Muslims.

Aameen. 

No comments: