Saturday, December 1, 2012

Business trip to London...

My business trip to London started on 26 Nov 2012. Arrived at London Heathrow on Monday morning 26th Nov. Brings back memories during my student days way back in summer of 1988 (24 years ago).

I have been back to London on 3 occassions, all on business trips in 1995, 2002 and 2005. If the pattern continues, the next business trip to London will be in 2015 (years ending with 5!)

Anyway, this time, I came to represent the company on Asset Management Annual Conference and Dinner. The venue is at Queen Elizabeth II Convention Centre in Wesminster. I can clearly see the Parliment House, Big Ben, Eye of London & Wesminster Abbey from the Convention Centre. The trip includes business trip to 3 companies in Isle of Man, Warwick and North London (Potters Bar). Visited the new Malaysia Hall near Bayswater.

Weather since I arrived was rainy, with Northern part of UK being flooded. Temperature in daytime was around 0-5 Celcius, with night temperature below freezing. That is COLD for a typical November standards!

I got to know that I was selected to go to this conference on 23 Nov 2012! It was just 48 hours before the flight departure. Anyway, this is what they call FATE. Allah arranged this trip for me and I used this opportunity to have the time to ponder upon His greatness & continuing Blessings. Constantly reminding myself to always be concious of Allah at ALL times...

Subhanallah, Alhamdulillah, Allahuakbar.. Laila haillallah 

No comments: