Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Norway - My 2nd highest audience after Malaysia

I am surprise that my blog audience in recent months are coming from Norway.

I do not know the reason, but for the viewers in Norway, I dedicate this posting to all of you.

I have been to Norway twice. Once when I was a student in England in summer of 1985. The second visit was attending a hydro conference in Trondheim, Norway in summer of 2002. I only got to visit 2 cities, Oslo the capital & Trondheim (a town north of Oslo).

Comparing Norway with UK (where I studied), it is an expensive country. The standard of living in Norway is higher than in the UK.

What I can gather is that Norway generates electricity from hydro power in the summer. Norway & Brazil are 2 countries that depends a lot on hydro generation for electricity production. During cold winter when the fjods are frozen, they import power from neighbouring Sweden (nuclear). During summer, when Sweden nuclear power plant is out on maintenance, Norway sells electricity back to Sweden as the fjods are melting.

I think there are many Muslims in Norway now, although when I was there in 2002, I did not find any Muslim either in Trondheim or in Oslo. Maybe it is not fated by Allah for me to find a fellow Muslim at that time.

There are 2 players from Norway that plays for Manchester United, Ole Gunnar Solksjaer & Ronnie Johnsen.

Assalamualaikum to fellow Muslim readers from Norway

No comments: