Sunday, February 7, 2016

The wedding reception

The reception was held at my house in PJ on he 2nd January 2016.
My guests list is approximately 1,100. This is based on 550 cards that I have distributed since 1 Dec 2015.

The groom side came at 11.30 am. There is this toll-gate created incident where my relatives made human barricades in order to block the groom from entering the house. In order for the groom (and his entourage) to enter, they must pay a sum of money to the human barricade for them to pass through. It was fun and memorable.

I and my cousins, we did selawat for Rasulullah SAW when the groom finally entered the house to join the bride. This was NOT in the agenda.. it was inpromtu and it worked brilliantly.

By 12pm, oceans of people came to the house. I just cannot remember how many came, but MANY came.

I was permanently stationed at the entrance of my house in order to greet the in-coming guests and to thank the out-going guests
by giving the door gifts.

Old friends (MCKK colleagues), neighbours, surau/masjid friends, TNB friends, university mates, distance relatives..  they came with their families.

My ceremony was until 4pm. By 3pm, the food was almost finished! What!!

More food was ordered as may people still come between 3-4pm
Wow! This is really incredible!

I thank everyone who came to my daughter's reception on 2nd Jan 2016. I was overwhelming! I panicked a bit when told that the food was about to finished at 3pm. But I felt relieved when new food came at 3.30pm. We had to even take the food from the main table to serve the guests.

When it finally finished, I am really exhausted. But it was well worth it.

Alhamdulillah.. All praise be to Allah

No comments: