Sunday, May 19, 2013

Being MC in my cousin's wedding

I was asked to be the "Master of Ceremony" for my cousin's wedding (akad nikah) event last 13 April 2013.

It was an honour for me to be the MC, as the wedding was between my youngest cousin (Aisyah Faruk) and his partner Kieran Millar.

Kieran's family came all the way from London to this ceremony. They took the trouble to dress in tradisional Malay dresses just to blend into Malay tradition.

The whole ceremony was done in English. It went really well. Technology also played a part as there was this "face-time" that my daughter did, in order for my sister from Auckland, New Zealand who can follow the ceremony LIVE. WoW!!

At the end of the day, I could see my uncle (Faruk Othman) was all smiling, and I knew that whatever it is, he was satisfied with the ceremony

The next day (14 April), the wedding reception was done in Shangrila Hotel, KL in a very grand manner. Again, the ceremony went really well and I will cheerish this special moment forever in my memory.

Kieran Millar converts to Islam with the name Daud, and I make doa to Allah that he will become a good Muslim in the future....

Amin

 

No comments: