Monday, August 1, 2011

The meaning of ISLAM

The first thing that one should know and clearly understand about ISLAM, is the word "Islam" itself.

The Arabic word "Islam" means submission/surrender of one to the only true God.

The religion Islam is not named after a person or people, as in the case of Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ, Buddhism after Gautama Buddha, Confucian after Confucius, Marxism after Karl Marx, Judaism after the tribe Judah and Hinduism after the Hindus.

Those who have claimed divinity for themselves, often based their claims on the mistake belief that God is present in a man. They claim that God is more present in a person(s) than the rest of us, and humans should therfore submit to this/these people and worship him/them as God concentrated within this/these person/s.

It should be very clear that one who has grasped the basic message of Islam is that NOT to worship another human being under any circustances.

God's religion, in essence, is clearly to worship the One and ONLY Creator, and the rejection of creation-worship in any form.

This is the meaning of ISLAM : La ilaa ha illa Allah (There is no God but Allah)

The sincere declaration of this phrase and the acceptance of prophethood Mohammad SAW automatically bring to ISLAM, and sincerely belief in it gurantees one Paradise.

I can write my own story in my blog. After all,it's my blog (I do write a bit on Manchester United, my Kids and my work, which occupies a big chunk of my life)

But I chose to write about Allah (the only true God). This is because, I want my blog followers to REALLY understand ISLAM. Once you got to know ISLAM, it will guide you to lead a really MEANINGFUL LIFE. Nikmat Allah yang terbesar ialah nikmat ISLAM dan IMAN.

So, in welcoming the month of Ramadan, let us all make an effort, to fully accept ISLAM and submit ourselves to the only true GOD... ALLAH!!

SELAMAT BERPUASA & BERIBADAT DI BULAN RAMADAN PENUH BERKAT

No comments: